A Fond Farewell
Racer Home Page
Buying Racer Releases
Info for Indie Artists and Labels
Napoleon Blown Apart (Racer 1014)
Napoleon Blown Apart by Wonderboy
A full-size scan of the CD cover is
"... let me just say what everybody already knows: Rist
is a jack of all musical trades. He can play any instrument with
prodigy-like skill, but more important, a sense of fun and
adventure. ... The long-awaited new album is the group's pinnacle
thus far - finally the right balance of Rist's slightly off-kilter
pop sense and a steadiness in its presentation."
- Jordan Oakes, Yellow Pills
Napoleon Blown Apart contains 12 songs:
- Robbie Rist
- singer, guitar, keyboard
- Pat McGrath
- guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Dave Brow
- bass, vocals
- Paul "Wally" Presson
- drums, percussion, vocals
The guest players:
- Michael LeFevre
- organ on "What I Mean"
- trumpet and French horn on "Insecurity Girl"
- Danny McGough
- bell keyboard on "What I Mean"
- Quinton Flynn
- additional vocal on "Happy? That's Me!"
- additional vocal on "Insecurity Girl"
- Jill Meschke
- accordion on "Rumours For Sale"
- Adam Marsland
- piano on "Angel Wings"
- Darian Sahanaja
- piano on "Insecurity Girl"
- Probyn Gregory
- trumpet on "Insecurity Girl"
Complete lyrics are also available. A
listening guide will be uploaded soon!
More information is available about Wonderboy, including a profile taken from the first issue of
the Racer newsletter, and their other albums, Abbey Road To Ruin and Wonderboy.
This page was last updated on March 3, 2004 by Kristi Wachter.