Racer Home Page
Buying Racer Releases
Racer Mailing List
Info for Indie Artists and Labels
Artist Profile - The Potato Eaters
The Potato Eaters are the band that made me want to start a record label. They sound like no one else.
The Potato Eaters are:
Emily Bezar: vocals, keyboards
- In addition to her work with the Potato Eaters, Emily has a wonderful
solo album out, entitled Grandmother's Tea Leaves.
Ben Guy: vocals, bass
- Ben was a member of Snakefinger before forming the Potato Eaters.
David Phillips: pedal steel guitar, vocals, Dobro
- David has played with a whole lot of interesting people, including Stephen Yerkey and Charlie Hunter. He also guested on one track on Cactus Motel's Home. His distinctive pedal steel playing graced Tom Waits' Bone Machine.
Gino Robair: drums, percussion, mandolin
- Gino has also played with a lot of interesting people. He was involved in John Zorn's Cobra project and has played with Clubfoot Orchestra. Racerheads may know him better as the percussionist for Splatter Trio.
Michael Ross: guitar
- Michael plays regularly around the Bay Area, most visibly with Me Jane.
The Potato Eaters have released one album through Racer Records:
Two earlier releases, The Potato Eaters and I Thought
I Heard You, are available through Rastascan Records. For more information,
contact Gino Robair at GinoRobair@aol.com.
The Wrecklesspage has links to album artwork, complete lyrics,
and sound files for every song on the album.
Three of the Potato Eaters are online. Here's where to reach them:
Last edited by Kristi Wachter, July 18, 1997.
All contents Copyright 1994-1997,
Racer Records. All rights reserved.