A Fond Farewell
Racer Home Page
Buying Racer Releases
Info for Indie Artists and Labels
The Potato Eaters
The Potato Eaters are the band that made me want to start a
record label. They sound like no one else.
The Potato Eaters are:
- Emily Bezar: vocals, keyboards
- In addition to her work with the Potato Eaters, Emily has a
wonderful solo album out, entitled Grandmother's Tea
- Ben Guy: vocals, bass
- Ben was a member of Snakefinger before forming the Potato
- David Phillips: pedal steel guitar, vocals,
- David has played with a whole lot of interesting people,
including Stephen Yerkey and Charlie Hunter. He also guested on
one track on Cactus Motel's Home. His distinctive pedal
steel playing graced Tom Waits' Bone Machine.
- Gino Robair: drums, percussion, mandolin
- Gino has also played with a lot of interesting people. He was
involved in John Zorn's Cobra project and has played with
Clubfoot Orchestra. Racerheads may know him better as the
percussionist for Splatter
- Michael Ross: guitar
- Michael plays regularly around the Bay Area, most visibly
with Me Jane.
The Potato Eaters have released one album through Racer
The Wreckless page
has links to album artwork, complete lyrics, and sound files for
every song on the album.
Two earlier releases, The Potato Eaters and I
Thought I Heard You, are available through Rastascan
Records. For more information, contact Gino Robair at GinoRobair@aol.com.
Three of the Potato Eaters are online. Here's where to reach
This page was last updated on March 3, 2004 by Kristi Wachter.